The Longmont Area Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit, membership-driven organization with a mission to support our members’ success through leadership, advocacy, membership and events/programs.
The Longmont Chamber is seeking a self-motivated, detailed-oriented, energetic and innovative Event & Program Director that will implement, lead, and fund raise for the Chamber’s premier events, monthly networking events, and education classes. The Event & Program Director provides high quality events that encourage member retention, new memberships and non-membership dues revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizes, plans, implements, directs and assesses Chamber events from start to finish.
- Produces at least four Chamber Premier events: Unity in the Community, Commerce Cup Open Golf Tournament, PEAK Manufacturing & Tech Expo and Membership Celebration & Annual Meeting.
- Develops and maintains individual event and annual event and program budget.
- Identifies, communicates and secures event sponsorship opportunities to members.
- Promotes and markets Chamber events through Chamber and public communication channels.
- Works with Chamber member hosts to schedule and manage monthly networking events. including Business Before Hours and Business After Hours.
- Regularly assesses event calendar to meet business members’ needs.
- Oversees and directs Chamber volunteers at events.
- Works closely as a team member with Chamber staff in other Chamber activities.
To apply, the applicant must be qualified with the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and event implementation skills
- Computer literacy skills: Microsoft Office (includes Word, Publisher, Excel), Power point
- Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain long term relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
- Ability to be innovative, flexible and use critical thought
- Three to five years of event experience
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift approximately 25lbs
This position will report directly to CEO. For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to Scott Cook. No phone calls or drop-ins, please. Deadline: Friday, October 6, 5pm.
The Longmont Area Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Longmont Area Chamber of Commerce:
The Longmont Chamber is a 130-year-old 501(c)6 organization that prides itself on being the “Voice of Business” in the St. Vrain Valley region. With a growing membership, the Longmont Chamber serves a diverse group of small and large businesses in a wide array of industries. We promote our business members’ success through leadership, events/programming, advocacy and increasing membership
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $41,000.00 /year
To Apply: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Longmont-Area-Chamber-of-Commerce/jobs/Event-Program-Director-f0c92ae0d05024f6?q=longmont+chamber+event+director
Or send Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org