Centennial State Ballet presents
Fall Showcase as first performance
of 20th Anniversary Season
Centennial State Ballet will perform The Fall Showcase at the Longmont Museum & Cultural Center’s Stewart Auditorium on Friday, September 29th and Saturday, September 30, 2017. The local youth ballet organization celebrates their 20th Anniversary Season entitled Looking Back, Moving Forward, with this first performance.
▪ WHO: Centennial State Ballet has been in operation for 20 years as the exclusive, pre-professional youth ballet company of Longmont, Colorado. Centennial State Ballet is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing classical ballet performances for the community.
▪ WHAT: Centennial State Ballet (CSB) is proud to present The Fall Showcase. The performance features excerpts from three ballets, including the grand Pas de Deux from Act III of ‘Don Quixote,’ ‘Jo’s Journal’ - based on the novel, Little Women, and finally ‘Carmina Burana.’ The Fall Showcase features students from CSB’s associated school, Longmont Dance Theatre Academy (LDTA). LDTA is home to the Pre-Collegiate Ballet Intensive Program (PBIP), the training ground for CSB performers. Students in the PBIP program receive superior instruction in ballet, pointe, variations, modern, and related disciplines. The students also have multiple performance opportunities throughout the year that serve the Boulder County, Colorado community. Centennial State Ballet performs under the direction of Executive Artistic Director Kristin Kingsley. Accompaniment for ‘The Fall Showcase’ by Devon Newburn.
▪ WHY: The title of the 20th Anniversary Season reflects the celebration of exceptional performances throughout the years. “We chose, Looking Back, Moving Forward, to pay homage to past ballets that we have performed. In the spring, we take on the well-known, The Sleeping Beauty, which is a new ballet for us.” CSB is proud to be a part of the Longmont Arts Community. The vision of Centennial State Ballet is to provide live ballet performances to the community. CSB maintains operations as a non-profit organization via local business sponsors and individual donors, ticket sales from performances, and various fundraisers throughout the year.
▪ WHERE: Longmont Museum & Cultural Center – 400 Quail Road, Longmont, CO 80503.
▪ WHEN: Friday, September 29, 2017 at 7:00 pm and Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 2:00 & 7:00 pm.
▪ TICKETS: Visit centennialstateballet.org/performances to purchase tickets. $17.00 for Students/Seniors, $22.00 for Adults.
For further information, visit centennialstateballet.org or call (303) 772-1335.